Friday, November 02, 2012

I Don't Know How

Good morning on this breezy and overcast day. Today, I realize that I don't know how God is going to work out this life of His. Yes, I gave my life to Jesus, and this life belongs to Him now. When I worry and fret over how the bills will get paid, or whatever health problem is bugging me at the moment, or this other fear, or anything that is a part of this life, I forget that God bought me through the death of His Son on the cross. Since God owns my life now, God will provide for it and care for it as one of His most precious treasures. What do I base that on? The price He paid for it of course!

To us our most precious possession is this life we have. When our life is threatened, we fight hard to keep it. The harshest sentences in court go to those who take life. It may take years of destructive behavior before we realize that our life is better off given to God for safekeeping. After we make the decision to give up this life to God, we immediately start worrying over how He is going to keep it. A bit ungrateful that, maybe we have a few strings trying to cling to the deal. I've had my shot at saving myself and it didn't work out. I think it is time to step back and see what God has in store for this day in His life.

God bless you all in His own special way on this fine day,
Bucky

No comments: