Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween! - October 31, 2008

Good Friday morning! For you working folks, that means the weekend is near. Last night, I met with one of the neighbors and he asked a very interesting question in a rhetorical way. He said something like "it would be hard not to be bitter." Exactly right, it is very hard not to be bitter. The Accuser whispers that in my ear nearly every day. All the more reason to avoid an idle mind! A root of bitterness can start with something much smaller than a layoff, oops, position elimination. That root can grow to become a bitter tree and the shade of that tree is very dark. I do not want to follow that path, and I hope to make everyone aware of that as they come by the house or meet me in the street. In following Jesus there is no room for the bitterness that can overcome a person in the world. Bitterness is part of that easy road that beckons to us all. In Jesus we follow a different way, one of light and joy. Grab the Christmas tunes and crank up the stereo! We are ready to celebrate!

Today, the big garage sale begins. I am trying to earn enough to get a laptop, but at the same time be generous on the pricing so that the stuff goes away. Should be an interesting couple of days. The Lord has granted me some nice weather for this event; I pray that everyone gets a chance to enjoy the nice weekend. Autumn is supposed to return starting on Monday. Okay, enough blabbing, much work to do this morning! Happy Halloween!

Bucky

No comments: