Monday, October 20, 2008

Renewed Hope - October 20, 2008

Good Monday morning! This could very well be the first Monday in quite some time that I am glad to see the week begin and am ready to get down to work. My work is different than it has been for the past (almost) 20 years, but so much the better! At my new "job", I get to listen to Christmas tunes in October. I took a vote among my coworkers and got 2 "meows" and one yes, which would seem to be a quorum. Today, I am listening to the Women of Faith Christmas album. The songs are good, some of the performances are okay, but overall this will probably not be among my favorites. Rebecca St James is up next, we'll see how that CD sounds.

This morning I thought that more than a little praise and glory is due God the Father for the wonderful messages yesterday from the many ministers that He has sent among us. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that all of you heard something yesterday that you can take with you. A little encouragement, some hope, a great faith, and a powerful assurance all grow from the messages we receive every day from God's Holy Spirit. We start each week with a full bag of renewed hope, faith, and joy!

What problems will turn into possibilities this week? What seemingly terrible events of the past will become the source of great joy for me this day? In Christ we get up each day expecting more... more joy, more faith, more hope, more blessings and the promise of a new dawn in our life. Like the storm clouds giving way to bright sunshine, we look upon a new day in Christ Jesus!

Praise the almighty God of our hope!

Bucky

No comments: