Thursday, October 16, 2008

Growing Toward the Light - October 16, 2008

Good Thursday morning! One of these days I am going to forget what day it is and get caught. Such is the life of the self-employed! Over the past couple of days I have learned more names of those let go from Cabela's. As I try each day not to look back, last night I had a dream that was a replay of the people and things as we used to do. Oy! I do my best all day to avoid looking back, and then my dreams betray me in the night. Well, the good news in that is that to dream one must sleep, and I haven't been sleeping well over the past week. So, praise the Lord that I was sleeping!

Yesterday, I was struck by the similarity in my situation to the believers in the New Babylon. Later in Revelation, as the judgements have rained down upon the Earth, we see God sending an angel to tell the believers in New Babylon to "Come out of there!" I couldn't help but see a similarity in that I have been told to come out of my old job and life. I never before took the time to think that when those believers in the future hear that message they might be in a similar situation. A good job, family, house, car, etc. and suddenly the Lord tells them to drop all of it and leave immediately. I have only been told to leave my job, their situation could be much more traumatic. However, who would refuse a call from God? One thing is true; if this is God's will for my life, and I believe it is, how then can I possibly stand in the way? In God's will, there will be no knock on the door, "we messed up, please come back", there will be no new job offer that I cannot refuse, and most important of all, there will be success in my new life and career! Faith is most difficult when the time seems dark. The most difficult growth of the new plant is in bursting through the soil to the light above. Now is the time to dry the tears and move on toward the light. Each morning that gets easier. I take the dream as a sign that my mind is coming to terms with the separation. Dream, wake up, and laugh about it. Yes, that is what we used to do, but no more!

How are you doing today? In this I have often wallowed in self-pity, perhaps understandable under the circumstances, but it is time to call a halt to that. Many others were released that day and I would like to pray for them and make contact if possible. One question those folks might be asking is "how do I get through this?" We have an answer for them... the love and strength of Jesus, and the love of friends and family. Someone out there may need that answer today. Cabela's is not the only place sending workers out the door.

God's grace and peace are with us at all times!

Bucky

No comments: