Friday, October 17, 2008

A Sign! Ouch! - October 17, 2008

Good Friday morning! Some of the best healing that I have received in all of this is found in the Bible study groups. That is no surprise to us for Jesus told us: "For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them." (Matt 18:20) Praying together in the Spirit of Christ produces powerful results, not necessarily immediate results, but powerful just the same. You or I may not be comfortable in large groups, and nowhere does it say that we have to go to large church services. I hear that Lakewood Church in Houston gathers some 42,000 together each Sunday; that would be a bit too many for me! Some of us may not even be able to attend a gathering of 6 or 10 people, but Jesus said "2 or 3". We enjoy a great variety in the sizes of groups that we can join with in prayer and worship to our heavenly Father. I get the most out of the small groups and am glad to be a part of them.

Last night we continued the study involving walking in the Spirit. At some time in our Christian walk, our walk in the Spirit, we may entertain a doubt or two. These doubts may cause us to ask for a sign. You may remember a few months ago that I put my writing career, or the start thereof, in God's hands and asked Him to send a definite sign. Well, we now know that I did receive that sign, and I have also shared with you how much that sign hurt me emotionally. Today while out walking, I thought of other signs that will hurt. Recall that one of the signs of the end times will be widespread persecution of many. For those of us who are persecuted, that sign will be painful either physically or emotionally. Another sign will be food prices going through the roof, a famine in other words. This sign too will hurt those who are here to receive it. We may want to be cautious in our asking for definite signs; I will tell you from personal experience that a sign from God can be at once unmistakable... and painful. In this we still praise the name of our Lord. A sign may carry pain with it, but God is there with us all the way. While a corporation, government or other human institution may forsake us, God never will. One of the first verses that came to my mind even during the heights of anxiety after the termination meeting was: "I will never leave you nor forsake you, even unto the end of the age." I believe that Jesus said that not only to the disciples gathered there, but to all of us. In His vision, He could see all of this happening, even to little ol' me in 2008. Jesus had Matthew write it down to give comfort to you and me in times of our greatest pain. Jesus never forsakes any of us! What a great thought to begin the day.

God loves you and so do I!

Bucky

No comments: