Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just a Little Mean? - October 10, 2008

Good Friday morning! Today, I will try to move on. Yes, it is very soon and I will probably not be entirely successful. However, the healing must continue and I do not want to slow it down. If I wanted another job, I am sure there are many that I could have with my skills and experience. However, I am taking the advice of many and my own belief in God. I will move forward with my new career in writing. Somehow, all of my experiences will come together in books that will help people to see the one answer that stands above all others, Christ Jesus. Will the journey be smooth and ever upward? Perhaps not, but the Captain of my soul and life is in charge, and only He can see the end of the journey. Many questions need answers, but I will seek and knock, and believe that the door will be opened. From my past experience, many of the answers will prove obvious or already known to me, although perhaps I will miss them for a time. One of my resolutions for today is to stop trying to guess or figure out the reason I was chosen among so many. We all like to be honored or singled out in some cases, but this would not be one that I would normally choose! :-) I will say nothing bad about my former employer and will instead try to remember all the good times I had with my coworkers and friends during those 19 years+ with Cabela's. At some point the tears must stop falling, the head rise, and the sun faced. A new life begins full of hope, promise, and excitement. Self-employment? A frightening precipice to gaze over, I cannot see the bottom, but the slope is probably not nearly as steep as my imagination makes it right now. This is the time to turn heartache into hope, build upon the past, face the future, and trust in God Almighty. And doesn't it feel good to write "God Almighty"! Oh the joy of knowing that the world cannot keep me down when Christ is in my heart! The powers of this world may be able to terminate our employment, repossess our house (not our home!), or put us in prison, but they only have that power when our Creator and Champion allows it. Every trial is for our own benefit; Christ does not become more powerful or more perfect through our trials, but in the end more glory accrues to His holy name. I have faith that the end, or more accurately, the next step in this journey of mine will be for His glory and that I will benefit much more than I can see or imagine at this point. My first wish in all of this is just a bit on the mean side, but it occurred to me yesterday in conversation. I would like to see a nice blizzard this winter, just to watch all of the folks going to work up the hill. They will not be smart enough to stay home, just as I was not on those days. We all felt compelled to make it into work if it was at all possible, and it will be worse for them now with the fear of more layoffs upon them. Only in Christ could I feel compassion and empathy for my former coworkers and company, but that is the way of it in Jesus. Still, just a small smile might come to my face while watching all those poor folks trying to get to work on a day like that. If that doesn't happen, or if I too need to be somewhere on that day, then praise God just the same! :-) ... and I do mean the smileys today, that is not simply an exercise in typing! Praise God for His healing power in my life and yours! Bucky

No comments: