Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gettin' fired up! - October 19, 2008

Good Sunday morning! A beautiful new day awaits us. In light of some advice that I need to be ready to write anywhere, I began looking at laptop or notebook computers yesterday. The prices have really come down since I last looked around, good news for those starting a new career! Gas prices have come down some, but I would not go so far as to call it cheap gas yet. I am grateful though for the break from the high of $4.30 we experienced not all that long ago. Time to start the Hour of Power, I had better get going on this. During these past 2 weeks, I have woken up anywhere from 0330 to 0630, part of this new life will be figuring out my new schedule. I suspect that I will soon settle back into the 0530 wake up time and get on a better, more productive schedule. The turmoil of life can seem to get a hand over us at some times. However, Jesus left us his peace; he gave it to the disciples and he gives it to us. While the chaos of the world may seem to have the upper hand for a time, any of us can seize upon the peace of Jesus to return the calm to the center of the storm.

You might be asking where or how I will come to Jesus in the stories that I am writing. While the details, and there are many, still need to be worked out, I thought that I would begin sharing some of this with you. In the Toledo Ted western stories, the protagonist will meet up from time to time with a circuit preacher. At the moment I am thinking that this character, both mentor and father figure, will also be more like a guardian angel. In other words, Ted will learn much from him, but never actually see him, Sam, preaching anywhere. The trick will lie in figuring out how the preacher will leave Ted every time they get near a town or gathering of any type. Should be interesting. In the John Savage stories, that will be easier to say, but more difficult to plot. Since the character begins each story without memories of his life, he will be saved in each novel - no mystery there! However, I want to work it differently each time. All of the arguments and resistance that each of us have encountered in witnessing will happen as John moves through the stories. As you can see, there will be huge opportunities for readers, hopefully that will include all of you, to give me suggestions and stories of their own to work on.

Another pointed message from Pastor Rogers today, and I do believe this one is meant for me, if not for others as well. Jesus once told the disciples that we must all be quickly about the work the Father has given us. Today, I do feel that the time has come. I had a bit of a break, a time of mourning for the old life if you will, but it is time to get started. There are some things to take care of this week, but no one ever said I had to write 16 hours a day anyway! The Lord wants me to get started, but His expectations have never been unreasonable or undo-able. I will keep you informed of my progress this week!

God bless and keep you, my friends in Christ Jesus,

Bucky

No comments: