Monday, October 06, 2008

Encouragement on the Way! - October 6, 2008

Good Monday morning! This morning while reading in 1 John, I wondered about encouragement. It seems that in this Christian life we are best when encouraging each other. I wonder if John needed encouragement when he wrote 1 John, or Revelation, or 2 John? By the time John wrote these letters in the Bible, it is often stated that he was quite old. Had John passed the point where encouragement from other believers was needed? I suspect that would be a "no". We need each other throughout our lives, although we need Christ much more. We need the encouragement that we pass back and forth between us. Whether we pass a simple, "hello, God loves you!" or we converse at length, the encouragement we get from fellow believers is very much needed in this world. Notice how much easier a subject like encouragement comes to my mind on a Monday morning! Yes, back to work after the weekend tends to show me the need for encouragement, support, and the strength of the Holy Spirit in my heart. I know that somewhere out in Tennessee, a person went through Pastor Rogers' devotionals and felt led to send one on encouragement today. We may not feel that we can go forth on some mornings, but if we look around, words and signs of encouragement will come to us. Have a wonderful Monday in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: