Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Writing in the Light - October 15, 2008

Good Wednesday morning! Another group meeting last night, this time a dinner at a friend's house. The difficulty of this transition to another life and career is made easier by the support I have received through Christ. Does that mean that there is no place for friends and relatives? Goodness no! "Transition" comes from a card my sister sent, e-mails have come from many friends, hardly a day has passed that someone has not been to my house to lend their support in this difficult time, and I know that your prayers are heard by God each day. Truly we do love each other.

Today, I was thinking (a dangerous action to be sure!) that sometimes we need a push. Whether our car won't start or we are stuck in a comfort zone, a push at the right time might be just the thing to get us going. As the healing continues in my life, I see that a push is just what I have been given. It seems that I was stuck in a rut or a comfort zone, to use the newer term, as in: "it sure is comfortable in this rut." Take a look at the lyrics to "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns. or better still, listen to the song. The first morning of this life changing event, I was driving out to the pasture, partly to go shooting, but mostly to just get away for a while; I asked the Lord for help and this was the first song that came on the radio. You just can't script these things.

This morning began with a long walk, longer than I have been able to do for some time. The wound is deep and the pain still sharp at times, but the healing is well underway. Another group meeting tonight, this time with my brothers in Christ for a time of Bible study. I am getting out and probably putting too much pressure on myself to begin writing this soon. I need the joy to come forth first, who wants to read a tale of woe and despair? Cormac McCarthy readers? Well, yes, but that isn't the way that I want to glorify God. Writing in the light for you and for me, and to the glory of God the Father!

Praise the name of Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: