Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Good Time - October 28, 2008

Good Tuesday morning! Now there is a thought to begin a day on, our home in heaven. What a wonderful thing to think on during these tough times. I have a dream home, and I'm sure that you do also. You may even be living in it right now. However, none of these earthly homes, no matter how grand or how new, can compare with our home in heaven that is being prepared by Jesus himself. I had an interesting thought on scale this morning. Someone once calculated how much area might be allotted to each person in heaven based on John's measurements in Revelation. The only problem with that is that none of us knows how much space each of us will occupy in heaven. Will you be 5' 9" or 200' 10"? We might be but the size of a molecule in relation to our current size or the size of a skyscraper when we get to heaven. We do not know!

A nice dinner with friends last night caused me a great deal of enjoyment. Caused? Well, yes! We often speak of people or events causing us problems in this life; let's tell everyone about how people and events cause us a good time! When we obey Jesus and love one another, it is inevitable that we will also have a good time together. You or I may never be comfortable in large groups, but if God has called us to join or minister to the small groups and individuals, then praise God for that gift!

Whoops, someone wants my slipper, since there is nothing that I would rather do right now than write to you, I'll just let him have it. As a kitten, he could sit in one of my slippers, but he is much too large now. He still likes to take a slipper and roll around with it though.

May God's great blessing go with you on your journey this day,

Bucky

No comments: