Monday, October 27, 2008

Groupies! - October 27, 2008

Good Monday morning! My walk started somewhat late today, and so I was able to see some of the early folks going to work. The rush-rush to get to work and get started is something that I cannot really claim to miss very much... especially on a Monday morning. I cannot spend the remainder of my life on some perpetual weekend, but the more relaxed pace is something to be grateful for. Yesterday, I got out to see some folks; small groups with big hearts! Supporting each other is one of our most important and most enjoyable duties. Some of you enjoy doing it in large groups; I happen to prefer the small groups or one-to-one meetings. Jesus reminded us that where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name, His spirit would be among them. I do not believe that He meant to limit that to 2 or 3; 200 to 300 or even 2000 to 3000 is fine too. Enjoy the groups to which you belong and worship with and praise God for their support. Yesterday, the latest rumor states the possibility of more layoffs at the big C around February. I cannot confirm this and I am sure that they will not, but I will be there for anyone who should happen to fall victim to this. In a recession, almost all of us will know someone who loses a job, or has his or her position eliminated as the current euphemism goes, I sincerely hope that the quota is filled by the layoffs that have already happened. Let us turn this old economy around by trusting in the Lord!

God is with you on this fine Monday!

Bucky

No comments: