Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Pain-filled Time - October 9, 2008

Good evening! It is after 1900, or 7:00pm for some of you. After many struggles today, I am once more on the Internet! However, my main pc simply refuses to get a dhcp address, something about missing the Cabela's address perhaps. Praise the Lord for spare pc's. Oh, and my new Charter Internet connection took until 6pm to install also. Wow, what a day of ups and downs! I took calls from Cabela's several times. No, there were no "come back" offers, I do believe that everyone is correct in that the door is closed forever. Another will open soon, of that I have faith in God. I also took calls from a couple of vendors and had lunch with one. The telecom cabling industry is not large, people wise, and the news of my forced departure from Cabela's will soon reach everyone that I know. I need to call one or two more tomorrow, I don't want them to only hear it on the grapevine. The verse Pastor Rogers begins with today, Romans 11:33, is so appropriate to my situation. Right now it is difficult to see past the tears; the psychological wound of this will take a bit of healing. Many of you have mentioned new doors opening, and I cling to those words and do await the day that happens. Of course, I am not just waiting. I began more writing today, not the humor writing that I so love, but writing just the same. My sense of humor in writing will return, for a time it may be just a bit darker than is usual, but return it will. Sometimes it looks like the sun will never shine again, it does to me right now, but the Son tells us that is not true. I may not be able to see the other side of this dark valley, but from the time of David we have the very word of God. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil... thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. How can the Lord's rod and staff comfort us if He is not there? Obviously from that famous psalm, He is indeed there with us during the journey through that dark valley. I cannot and must not give up on the Lord; He certainly never has given up on me, and I have shown far more cause to be given up on than our Lord ever has or will! Praise the Lord for his steadfast and guiding hand on me through this difficult time! Every night and day for the past three days I have thanked God for all of your support and encouragement. More encouragement is needed in other areas, I am not the only one to lose his or her position! I hear of much fear and worry among those who did not lose their jobs too. I can see how this would happen, and not only that these folks will be expected to make up for those now departed. The atmosphere of fear now in place will be slow to depart and is not a healthy atmosphere to work in. I will ask that we pray for those who have lost their jobs and for those left behind. I hear a lot about anger on both sides of this situation also, although this too should fade in time. The old pc is clamoring for updates, I had better come back to this in the morning. God bless you all!

No comments: