Monday, February 25, 2008

Reason with Him - February 25, 2008

Good Monday morning! Back to work once more... actually work has called several times this weekend so I have not been entirely "away" from work. Ah, those on-call weekends! This is my last one in college though, the time approaches. After all my complaining about the non-observance of holidays in this program, the program takes one last shot at me. Yes, Easter weekend is the final weekend of the final course. I shall do my best to celebrate the Lord's great holiday anyway. Unfortunately, the last course is all about ethics, and not quite what is taught in the Bible. Who gets credit for ethics and ethical reasoning? Why human thinkers do of course. Ethical reasoning is separate from religion; the class text states it plainly. As for me, I shall look to the Bible first and listen for the Word of the Holy Spirit in my heart. Paul stated it long ago, God has written His Word on their hearts. In speaking of those who have not yet heard the Good News, Paul told us that they already know the basics of right and wrong. It was not human thinkers who started ethics, but the Lord Himself. In classes such as this last one, I always like to remember Isaiah 1:18, "Come let us reason together, says the Lord, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow, though they are red like crimson, the shall be like wool." The Lord knows how much we like to be thought reasonable, and He invites us to reason with Him.

Praise God for the day!

Bucky

No comments: