Saturday, February 02, 2008

No More Wishes - February 2, 2008

Good Saturday morning, and it's Groundhog Day too! Actually, I don't think that I will plan the remainder of my winter on what some furry rodents do or don't do today. What happens if the one you are watching gets up late today? "Oh, poo! I was supposed to be up at 0800 to see if my shadow appeared. It's too cold out, I'll do it tomorrow." Depending on a furry rodent does seem a bit foolish, much like wishing for things. Last night, I received a question that asked what three things I would ask for given three wishes. It suddenly came to me that since coming to Jesus, I had stopped wishing at some point. I don't mean that I do not have dreams and desires such as a college degree, marriage, kids, and other things that we all dream of, but the idle wishing that I once did like, "I wish I had a million dollars, or I wish I was married to [actress, singer, etc] Where did that go? I suspect that without realizing it, the Holy Spirit has guided me to put my faith in God and not in idle wishes to the air. Those who trust in themselves or the chances of the world will end their lives with regrets, "Well, I didn't get most of my wishes and it's almost over now." We, on the other hand, have all of the best things ahead of us in Christ. We don't need to wish for Heaven, Christ has already promised us a place in His Father's house, even now He is there preparing it for each of us. We don't need to wish for a million dollars, Jesus has promised us the riches of Heaven.

Praise God for the Promise!

Bucky

No comments: