Friday, February 01, 2008

It will happen - February 1, 2008

Good Friday morning! Yes, I am enjoying the day off from work by getting up very slowly and being late in most everything. Today I must also load TurboTax, dig out the records and collect the statements for filing of the taxes. Not a light job by any means! The cats are glad to have me at home, but that's their opinion. In Ezekiel where did we get to? Today, I can tell you that I read the part where the Lord changes a proverb for the people of Judah. They had been using one that doesn't sound very good, "The days pass and the prophecies don't happen". However, that is rebellion toward the Lord if ever I saw it in print. The Lord sends Ezekiel a message for those people that says no more delays, the prophecies will start coming to pass right now. I am paraphrasing a bit, but the point still holds that just because a prophecy has not happened yet, we should never start thinking that it will never happen. The Lord answers them in this attitude also by saying, "I am the Lord, if I say it, it will happen." Short and to the point. We look forward with eager anticipation to the day when Jesus will return for us, and since the Lord said it, we can take it to heart, it will happen. Doubts will be whispered in our mind, or shouted at us from an unbelieving world, but we have the Word of the Lord to comfort us.

Praise God for His Holy Word!

Bucky

No comments: