Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's! - February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! Gentlemen, your wives and sweethearts expect some sign of our affection today, try not to blow it. ;-) I shall watch from the sidelines today as an interested observer. I will judge the gifts and rate them on a scale of 1 to 10... just kidding, how would I know what gets the ladies' attention best? :-) However, I did see an advertisement from an auto parts place that said, "Nothing says love like a stainless steel exhaust!" I may not have the advantage of experience, but I'm thinking that is probably not what most of the ladies are expecting today. Yes, that gift does have practical advantages, no weight gain, long lasting, and in some cases, necessary, but somehow a bunch of metal tubing underneath her vehicle may not be quite the expression of love that she is hoping for today.

While you or I may not have a Valentine today, we are loved by Jesus. That love I would not trade for anything, and I'm sure you wouldn't either. Praise God for the love of Jesus, our Lord and our greatest friend!

Bucky

No comments: