Monday, February 11, 2008

Read the Bible - February 11, 2008

Good morning! It is Monday once more and time to go back to the work week. I think the major purpose of the work week is to remind us of how great the weekend is. Some might disagree with me, perhaps they would say something like making a living, earning loot or some such. Each to his or her own opinion. The work week also means that I write the devotional with an eye toward the clock, and that part I do not like.

This morning in my Bible reading, I was reminded once more of how graphic the Bible can be, and I am referring to sexually graphic. I am glad the Bible doesn't soften the blow of its words. We need to be jabbed now and again with graphic images to remind us of our need for God in our lives. Just as pain and trials remind us of our need for God, we need the occasional, "Yikes, that sounds too much like me!" to bring our view back to Jesus. Sex is not marriage, but it is a part of marriage. The Bible speaks to us as adults in Christ and we need not be squeemish about the graphic images. Read all of the Bible and learn to love God with all of your heart, body, and soul.

Praise God for His mercy and grace!

Bucky

No comments: