Thursday, May 24, 2007

May 24, 2007

Good morning and welcome to another day in Christ Jesus! The cat has exploded or she is reproducing by division, I'm not sure which. It is time for her to shed her winter coat and brother there is a lot of cat hair around here. I suppose vacuuming will be high on my list of tasks for this long weekend. A bit of light reading on my school assignments also, since I am getting started just a bit slowly after taking six weeks off. It was nice to have some time off, but since I began this school thing, I want to finish it this time and the end is not that far off.

It is interesting that today I read the final chapter of Hebrews and it speaks of contentment, and then Pastor Rogers' devotional speaks of the same thing. Do you suppose there is a message for us there? The pursuit of money or the money to buy things will never bring any lasting satisfaction. We all know by now that purchasing one thing does not satisfy for very long and if you set out to form a collection another will come along after you complete the first. Acquiring does not bring contentment, but contentment does put a stop to harmful or uncontrolled buying of stuff.

Which brings me to the time for me to shed some "stuff". Yes, this long weekend will be a good time to organize another garage sale!

God bless you as you travel and/or enjoy this Memorial Day weekend!

Bucky

No comments: