Monday, May 14, 2007

May 14, 2007

Good morning! The cat flopped down on the article I was reading, so it must be time to get on with writing this morning. Sometimes the Lord sends little, four-footed messengers. What I have in this world will not go with me when I go home to Jesus. I have accumulated a lot of "stuff" in my 44 years and none of it will be going with me. How easy it is to cling to it here on the earth though! Sometimes I tend to think that "I" have this problem, like it is unique to me, or that my family passes down the tendency to accumulate. However, this is a natural inclination. A child without money might collect interesting rocks that he or she finds; a rich person might collect expensive works of art. Covetousness is passed down in the family certainly, but it is the family of man. Ever since sin was loosed on the world, we have coveted, lied, cheated, stolen, murdered, hated, and lusted after all manner of things and people. No, the problem is not unique to me. The solution is Christ Jesus and he is indeed singular and unique!

God bless you all!

Bucky

No comments: