Monday, March 16, 2009

Steps of Faith - March 16, 2009

Good Monday morning! Steps of faith, have you encouraged someone in their steps of faith today? We all have a way of the cross to take in our lives. Encouraging a brother or sister in Christ may be one of your strengths. If so, then you have a lot of persons to bestow your gift upon these days. A while back I asked for examples of companies who have chosen to cut pay or costs before laying off people from their jobs. I heard about one such company on NPR last week. FedEx, or Federal Express, did that and I am glad to hear it. However, the company also cut benefits so much that the employees no longer feel as though they belong to the company. I know just how they feel and many of you might also. However, we know, or should know, that companies are in business for their own self-interest. We learn to love in Christ and we tend to fall into the trap of thinking that our employer loves us. The "divorce" can be a rude and emotional wake-up call to any of us at any time. Well, let me introduce you to someone who will never leave you nor forsake you! Jesus said that before he ascended to be with our Father in Heaven. Jesus also reported to God that He had not lost even one of those given to Him. We might wonder: am I one of those given? The funny thing is that we become one of those given by giving ourselves to Jesus!

As I work on the next answer in thegentleanswer.blogspot.com blog, I am finding that blessed assurance is not just a great song title. Have you given all of yourself to Jesus? If you have then you are one of those that our Lord will never lose! Did you immediately feel like a hero of the faith? No? I didn't either and I still don't. Paul didn't, and we would list him as one of those heroes. We are reminded to, "strive toward the goal, to win the prize" in Paul's great letter of joy to the church in Phillipi. One thing I see already in my research, blessed assurance in Christ is not dependent upon a feeling we may or may not have. How could it be? Our feelings change day by day and even moment by moment. Did you get up and think, "I don't feel very saved today..."? What you felt this morning had nothing to do with your salvation! And on most Monday mornings that is a very good thing. :-)

Pray for those taking steps of faith in God today. God will take care of each of us; that promise was made by Jesus! Trust in Him and don't worry! Did you hear the whisper of "that's easy to say!" I did. I recall that "get up and walk" was easy for Jesus to say too, but a miracle happened when He said it. Trust in Jesus.

Bucky

No comments: