Monday, November 10, 2008

No Work at All! - November 10, 2008

Good Monday morning! I pray that you have a wonderful day in Christ... and at work too, if that is your privilege! It has not been that long ago that I don't remember what it was like to get up on a Monday morning and groan about having to go back to work for another week of fun and labor. Some of you may be in your dream job; you get up on Monday and cannot wait to arrive at work. I had not achieved that at my former workplace and that may be an indication that I should have been looking at another career. Well, praise the Lord that I am doing that now! Of course, you or I may enjoy doing something very much, as I did with cabling and computer networking, and yet be beaten down by the demands of a workplace. You may be in your dream career, but in the wrong company or location too. We have been over this before, but it never gets old - Trust in Jesus to guide your footsteps!

Today is also the 233rd birthday of the United States Marine Corps; just a bit older than I am, but not much. I notice that many places would have us remember the veterans who have given their lives for their country tomorrow. That is fine too, but remember that Veteran's Day is set aside for all veterans; Memorial Day is for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I think that I have to straighten this out with someone every year. Remember to thank a veteran (or perhaps a lot of veterans) for his or her service to our country tomorrow. I'll see if I can round up a list of veterans tomorrow to get you on the right path.

Each morning I try to remember to bow my head in prayer before writing the devotional, asking the Lord to guide my fingersteps if you will. Sometimes He will remind me of a need or concern that needs to be brought up, other times I am simply told to "get to it." Either way the privilege and joy of writing this cannot always be expressed in words. One of the ways that our Lord guides our steps is in the joy we get from doing something. Some get it from a verbal ministry, others from a singing, and others in the various ways we have to serve the Lord. I have touched on this point before, but today it seemed good to bring it up again. You may find that joy in your work, or in some cases like Burt's, in doing nothing at all! Actually, that is what most people think a writer does... no work at all. I find that to be true! When compared to the physical work that many folks perform on a daily basis, writing is something enjoyable and easy on the body. I cannot call what I do "work" any longer! Praise God for the opportunities He brings to us in this life and the next.

Praise and Glory to God our Father!

Bucky

No comments: