Friday, November 21, 2008

Cat Waiting? - November 21, 2008

Good Friday morning! Doesn't that just sound better than a Monday? I have been away from the normal working world for more than six weeks now, and I still feel better on a Friday morning than on a Monday. I am thinking that will change over time, but it is interesting to note.

It seems that a lot of people have decided to participate in the recession. The stock markets continue to decline as panic causes people to pull their money out of stocks. You know that in all of this are some rich folks purchasing stocks at a bargain, and they will become that much wealthier when the markets recover. Not much I can do about that panic except remind those folks that our trust should be in God alone and not in retirement funds or stock markets or presidents-elect or other worldly things.

Is the hour of Bible study paying off? I don't know yet, but this kind of activity certainly makes me feel closer to God. Note that is a feeling, not the reality. God has never left me or withdrawn some distance; only my feeling has improved through prayer and study. I have worked in singing of hymns during this hour and that seems to help too. My a capella singing is probably not what one might nominate for an opera quality recording... to put it mildly. :-) However, reading in the word, prayer, and a joyful noise (emphasis on 'noise') is a good daily worship.

My "free" cat is snoozing on an $800 Cisco router right now. I guess all the world is a potential nap spot to a cat. The cat in question is waiting her turn at my lap, but the devotional must come first. Waiting is of course relative in this case, much like my waiting on the Lord at times. Just as she will get up and put a paw on my arm to test the waters, so our waiting on God is not always the quiet and restful waiting that it should be. Do you find yourself trying to prod our Lord every now and then? Are you still there Lord? Yes, it can be very difficult to wait for an answer, advice, or even action on the part of our Lord. Rest assured! The end is coming soon. Jesus will return at the appointed time, and contrary to what we often feel, He will be on time!

Have a great and wonderful Friday in our Lord Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: