Monday, November 17, 2008

Alone? - November 17, 2008

Good Monday morning! The week is expected to have well above normal temperatures for us. We might have to endure some more news about global warming, but weeks like this are a blessing. Praise God on this great and glorious Monday! I realize that you folks who have one of those job thingies might not want to hear me going on like that, but I am making the most of my situation so please accept my apologies. :-)

Great sermons yesterday as usual! The Lord always seems to put out his best for us each and every Sunday. Do you sometimes feel that no one loves you or cares about your situation. We all have those moments and we all know they are not based upon the truth. While another person may not be right there beside you expressing love and wanting to know how you are doing, the Lord is doing just that every time you pray. We also know that other people, our brothers and sisters in Christ, are praying for us, caring about us, and loving us all of the time. We are busy people on this earth and do not always have the opportunity to express our love for one another. In some cases this can go to an extreme for people living without Jesus in their heart. These people may turn to pets or even inanimate objects. That can be a sad state of affairs in a life. We can seek out and pray for those people, drop them a nice card in the mail, or even stop by to see them. This is one area where I have been given some insight recently, and since everyone supported me so well it is good for me to pay it forward.

Thanksgiving is on the way! Folks will be traveling or hosting travelers, and we will witness gatherings of loved ones. One thing to be thankful for already is the easing of fuel prices. I am sure that some will be traveling who might not have during the summer when fuel prices were, shall we say, awful. I am glad for this and I am sure that you are too. Praise God for the blessings that He has bestowed upon us.

Bucky

No comments: