Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Step - November 23, 2008

Good Sunday morning! A bright new day awaits us today; what will we do with it to glorify God the Father? Today also begins a week of thanksgiving for all that we have and all whom we love in God. Our Lord has done so much for us in this life and He holds safe so much that we look forward to in the next.

Of course, while I am following the way I believe the Lord would have me to go, the perfect job will come along in an advertisement. You know the one, the qualifications fit you, the location is good, and the pay is probably much more than anything that is available locally. Well, to me that is a sign that some power in this world does not want me to write. I could easily trade the false security of another job for the real, but not yet apparent, security of working for the Lord. By 'not yet apparent', I mean that I have made no money writing yet. That is all. Are we not always tempted to think that we must provide for ourselves? Another step in this life, another step of faith in Jesus.

Speaking of faith, my deer magic is still working quite well. Yesterday afternoon I spent a couple of hours keeping watch over an empty section. A hawk kept me company for a while, although I don't think that he or she cared that I was around. However, that is the joy of hunting for me, just sitting out there on a nice day and waiting patiently while watching nature. I pray and hope that you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week!

Praise God for all that He has blessed us with,

Bucky

No comments: