Monday, November 24, 2008

Best Friend - November 24, 2008

Good Monday morning! Welcome to Thanksgiving Week! Yes, I have declared the whole week a holiday. Not that anyone will listen to me; y'all have those job thingies to go to this morning, better get to it! :-) My deer magic remains in full force. I saw not one deer yesterday. I cannot even claim a miss. While sitting out in the pasture is often enough to make the day worth the trip, I also saw a bald eagle yesterday. The good thing about hunting is that I already had my binoculars with me; now to take a camera along for moments like that. Of course, I would need to get one of the new DSLR camera kits with a telephoto lens for Christmas. That sounds like something to pray for! Looks like I will need to be content with the memory. Oops, did I just put my faith back in the closet? How often we speak a wish or want, offer to pray, and then speak words of unbelief. God may tell us "no", or "wait", but the answer is often "yes" too. I am often amazed at my own pessimism when it comes to things that I want, but don't need. God gives us much more than just our basic needs, but our lack of faith could prevent many of the blessings that He has in store for us.

Good devotional from Love Worth Finding today. A friend can say painful words to us. Does that make you think of a friend that we all have access to? This friend has both painful words and comforting words to give us each day. The friend will point out our sins, even the deep down secret ones that we don't think that anyone knows about. This friend also brings the greatest message that we have ever heard. I am of course speaking of our Bible, the holy word of God. Each day we can pick up this friend and find just the right words to soothe our deepest wounds or to point out an area in our life that needs cleansing. Keep this friend close!

I pray that you have a wonderful and grateful week as we look forward to the Thanksgiving holy day.

Bucky

No comments: