Monday, November 03, 2008

Arriving Soon! - November 3, 2008

Good Monday morning! I am glad to be here writing this morning, and what a nice morning it is too! I hope that you have made plans to vote, or have voted already if that is possible in your area. My ballot is ready to go this morning and will be taken to the County Clerk's office in about an hour. This morning, I read in Revelation where we shall reign in heaven with Jesus. On earth, to reign is to have responsibility for some amount of land, buildings, and people. How then can all of us reign? The first thing to do is admit, "I don't know," but that is what the Bible says and that is what I will believe. Perhaps we will have a joyous responsibility in heaven, the opportunity to build something, projects to work on, or some other tasks... again, I don't know. What we do know is that the leaves of the trees along the river of life will be used to heal the nations. That sounds like a lot of healing to me, and I think we can all agree that much is needed. The new president, and congress, will have much to do next year and the following years of his and their terms. I pray that these men and women are up to the challenge.

Pastor Rogers' devotional asks a pointed question today: what would you want to be caught doing when Jesus returns? I was thinking about this just the other day, and the answer is simply, writing! I would like to be caught in the act of writing a devotional or other work that glorifies God upon the return of Jesus. The odds are good that many of us will be caught sleeping in the physical sense when Jesus returns. We spend about a third of each day sleeping, which leaves a good chance that some of us will be snoozing when the Lord returns. However, wouldn't it be great to be "caught" with a song of praise, a word of evangelism, a kind word on your lips, or writing to the glory of God when Jesus returns? Praise God for the return of Jesus to this earth!

"See, I am coming soon, and my reward is with me, to repay all according to their deeds." Revelation 22:12

Bucky

No comments: