Sunday, November 02, 2008

Don't Participate! - November 2, 2008

Good Sunday morning! The other times when we thought our football team couldn't get much worse were kind of put to shame last night. The team literally threw away the game in the opening minutes. This year's game will not go down as a well-played match in this long time rivalry, at least on the Nebraska side of things. The Husker fans were yelling for mercy in the first quarter; the road back will be a bit longer than we might have hoped. Oww!

In more serious matters, the Hour of Power has a problem. I do not know exactly what it is, but I am very concerned. I remember how wonderful it seemed when Robert A. Schuller was made senior pastor and began his ministry in earnest. The messages were very personal and Jesus seemed more front and center than ever. Now the founding pastor, Robert H. Schuller has for all appearances booted out his son and is changing the ministry to guest ministers. I cannot say what is going on out there in California, but it seems that proclaiming unity while having such a glaring schism is not a little hypocritical. I am not privy to their discussions, only to what I can see on television and in the media. However, as a faithful attendee each Sunday, I can say that this does not look good to me. Don't rush to judgments at this time. I will try to keep you informed as I learn more about this.

Lest we forget that God is always present. The guest minister had received a letter from one of his congregation who stated, "Yes, there is a recession, but my family has decided not to participate." I like that; we all need to get together and decide not to participate in this recession. Trust in the Lord first and not the media with its tales of how bad things are.

The sale went not exactly as I expected yesterday. Not one person showed up, none, zero, not a single person. Something about the ad didn't come across right, though it looked clear to me, or the day after Halloween is not good for a sale or something, but I shall have to try again next weekend. The truck will have to stay outside for another week.

God is with you and I during these tough times, enjoy the blessings!

Bucky

No comments: