Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New President - November 5, 2008

Good Wednesday morning! Enjoy the fact that you are alive for an historic morning. We have a new President-elect for the next term. How will our choice affect each of us? I don't know. However, I think just the act of electing some new officials during a tough economic time can bring renewed hope and optimism to everyone. You or I may not have voted for the winner of this election, perhaps none of your candidates won any office, but we do have a stake in the future of this country. I am glad to see record voter turnouts in many locations reported today. People are still interested in this country! My question: will the new President, after he takes office next year, lead us to become a Christian nation once more? I'm not holding my breath, but I will be praying for him and the other leaders of our nation. One thing is for certain, 50 years ago no one would have expected to say a name like "Obama" and the title "President of the United States" in the same paragraph, much less as the same person. We have come a long way baby!

Now you might wonder why I seem to be celebrating. After all I did vote for the Republican candidate, mostly because the Constitution Party does not seem to be very serious in their effort, and my candidate lost the election. He didn't lose Nebraska, but we aren't electing the President of Nebraska. :-) I think that I am celebrating because of the economic situation. There is the possibility that this choice could make things worse than they are now, but I don't believe so. It seems to me that the office of the President has much less of an effect on the economy than many would have us think. A big change in government, as we will have at the start of next year, brings a sense of hope to those with the true power to affect the economy, consumers. That's us, folks. I don't think that everyone will rush out to spend all of their money, but this Christmas will probably see a few more gifts than might have otherwise been purchased had we elected more of the same.

The devotional is on the political side today, but I think that is what most of us will have on our minds this morning. This is a very interesting morning to be sure! Praise God that He is still in charge, no matter who we elect to what office. We voted, we have made our choice, God bless our next President!

Praise God the Almighty,

Bucky

No comments: