Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Get on with It! - November 12, 2008

Good Wednesday morning! The sun is shining this morning and the temperature is not that bad. Last night I decided that I needed to get back to some structure in my life. A day can easily slide away from you without some kind of scheduling. Now that God has put me in this position, I don't want to give up all the advantages of self-employment, but at the same time... the days are moving on. Jesus reminded us that we all must be quickly about the work God has assigned us to do. One of those structures is that I want to be sure that this gets out by 0800 on the weekdays, especially for those of you who like to read it before starting the workday. The next structure will be an hour of Bible study before I do any writing. This was something that I tried a few years ago on a two week vacation. Each day a one hour Bible study, just me, my Bible, and God. That effort paid off rather well when I tried it before and I have always dreamed of getting back to that. So, no excuse to not have my Bible study each morning!

Don't get me wrong in this; I do not want to get back into the attitude that I need to "go to work" each day. However, I do have work to be doing and that needs some structure, a steady effort to accomplish goals. To me this is a kind of encouragement from the Holy Spirit. Something bad occurs in life, there it is, a month later the time for mourning the old life is done and it is now time to move on into the new life. Do not try to apply a month to someone who has lost a loved one to a tragedy. When Mike was gone in the accident some ten years ago, I did not get over that on any set schedule. That kind of loss goes by each person and situation, and is something in which we must listen closely to the Holy Spirit in helping someone to get through. Saying "get over it" to someone who has lost a loved one only works in movie scripts, but this is something that I believe is important to say to someone in my position with the loss of employment. It's been a month, get over it and get on with the new life! :-) I like it when the Holy Spirit taps me on the shoulder and says, "Okay, that's enough, get on with this new thing I want you to do."

God's blessings are falling on us like leaves today!

Bucky

No comments: