Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day - November 4, 2008

Good morning! Not much going on here today; just another boring day. Oh wait! We get to elect a president and quite a few other political yahoos today. I turned in my votes yesterday, but many people will line up to cast their ballots in one of the more interesting elections in many years. There is little question that much of the media has its eye on on one candidate, a media darling so to speak. We shall see whether he becomes president or the other guy does. I do fear that the economy will weigh heavily on the Republican party, although that is a bit wrong as the Democratic party has held a majority in Congress. If anything, both parties are as much to blame as the other. However, we know that Congress is a bunch of folks, while the Executive branch is represented by one man. We shall have to see how today's elections turn out. Pray that God guides the voters today.

Today, the challenge of studying one Bible verse for a week began in my morning Bible study. I will keep track of the revelations given me by the Holy Spirit and pass them on to you. The verse that I chose is John 14:6 in case you want to read the it for yourself. If you don't remember that verse right away, you will when you read it.

What do we need to remember today? God is still in charge. Yes, no matter who gets elected to what office in our government, God is still sovereign. Trust in Jesus, and vote to the best of your ability.

Whee! Great day in the mornin'! I had to go get some music going and a hot drink. I think that stormy weather is approaching. Both cats and myself were snoozing there for a bit. I need to wake up and finish this. Praise the Lord for the many ideas that are coming to me. Getting out and walking each morning does help the creativity and communication. I hope and pray that your day is going as well as mine is! On the other hand, it is hard to accomplish much while snoozing the day away. :-)

God bless you on this election day!

Bucky

No comments: