Friday, January 26, 2007

January 26, 2007

Good morning! We have been blessed with some nice days lately and some of the snow has melted. This winter, I don’t expect that to last however. Friday always seems to bring a bit of relief, at least for those of us on the Monday to Friday work schedule. Whatever day begins your “weekend” it is nice to sit back for a little while that morning with a cup of your favorite beverage and take the time to think. You may notice that my writing on pausing to think, or meditating, or quiet Bible study comes around every 6 weeks. I will admit to that! There is nothing quite like the hectic pace of the “on-call” week to bring peace and quiet to my mind. I am not one of those who thrive on being rushed; I am happy for those who enjoy and thrive on a hectic pace. We are all different and I am not ashamed to admit that I don’t do well in a rush and am not good at multi-tasking. That makes it all the more amazing to me that God can multi-task endlessly. He knows everyone who has ever lived and is alive now. He knows where they are right now and where they will be at the time of the judgment. He knows each and every baby that will be born between now and that great day when Jesus will return. Multi-tasking? God created the word! If anyone in their pride thinks to set themselves in God’s place; they should really give that responsibility some careful thought. I have already admitted my shortcomings in that arena, but will the world wake up and realize that only God can be God? Praise and glory to His holy name!

Bucky

No comments: