Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Strange Dreams, Sleepy Days

Good morning as we greet this final day of summer vacation for the school-age children. Not that they want to be reminded of that, but just in case they have forgotten what tomorrow is, we'll let 'em know one more time. Talk about hipper-critical, I'm glad that we didn't start school on August 15th. The cat is telling me to go get his food, but the store doesn't open for another hour. To avoid more hypocrisy in my day, I will not feed myself until the cat has his meal. The question of today is: do ill feelings cause strange dreams and sleepy days? There probably is a connection there.

When illness comes, we may not sleep well. Sleeping only lightly causes more dreams to be remembered and the body is not completely at rest; the dreams become strange and the day more sleepy. Is God's plan for me affected by this kind of day? The plan set down in Heaven may actually be advanced by a day such as this in your life or mine. Hmm, some sort of flying thing just cruised by; part of another dream where I'm writing the devotional in my sleep or an actual bug? I'm not sure this morning. What kind of bug looks like a smiling crocodile riding on a bicycle while wearing an umbrella cap and pink shorts?

I pray that God blesses you in a special way today,
Bucky

No comments: