Saturday, August 24, 2013

Maybe the Day Is Perfect

Good Saturday! Maybe the day is perfect today, but from my fallen state I cannot see it. Whatever the day is, I'll take it. What else am I going to do? Ha, we know the answer to that one! We rail against it, complain and moan about it, gripe to God in ignorant judgment of the terrible day He has sent, and generally say anything but "Thank you, Lord, I'll take it."

Living in this world does not mean that we have to like all that goes on in it. Contentment with our present circumstance is not turning a blind eye to the injustice, injury, persecution, murder, and all the other terrible sins of our day. I don't think that being grateful to God for the day, or living in contentment is to not change anything. How could we harvest a garden if we didn't churn up the earth, smooth it and furrow it into a seed bed, and plant the seeds God has provided? We have political power in our votes, and we should use that power wisely. We also have power in our speech and writing to harm or to help others.

So then... if I am content with my government and submissive to it, why should I vote at all? Do I vote just to keep it the same as best I can? This is a tricky question that I have not fully answered to my satisfaction. I fear that even God has looked at our government and with a shrug of His almighty shoulders said, "It's a mystery!" I know that isn't true, but on a Saturday one might have to wonder if there isn't a bit of hocus-pocus involved in our enormous government. Will the new health care laws help or hurt me? The year of implementation is almost here for the so-called Obamacare. I hope that our president goes down in history as the greatest ever because of health care for all without fraud, injustice, bureaucratic bungling, graft, corruption, malpractice, secret government experiments, out-of-control taxation, and all the other things that I fear. I will admit to some doubts.

May God have mercy on us all,
Bucky

No comments: