Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kicking and Screaming

Good Tuesday morning! The Sheriff and I watched a kid screaming his poor little head off as he was led into school this morning. I appreciated the little ones attitude as I feel about the same regarding school these days. The Sheriff wanted to be available in case the child ran off, a distinct possibility given the volume he was putting into his cries. However, the child did go into the school with the help of his mother and a teacher. I feel for the urchin though, locked up for another day in a place he didn't want to go. Does it feel like God drags us kicking and screaming into tribulations and trials at times?

Of course it does! Who really wants to face a lengthy battle with cancer or depression or heart disease or school? If we had the choice we would avoid such a thing. Some do avoid it for a while by staying away from doctors and hospitals and such until they drop in their tracks one day. (Not that school often causes long-term health problems, but you never know!) I had my annual physical yesterday, so I get to speak down a little bit from the 'I Dun It' soapbox. Those who avoid medical help until they die didn't actually avoid the battle, they just chose to fight it on their own. When God moves us into trials or brings a storm of tribulation our way, we don't fight it alone, or walk the path alone, or stare into the face of death alone, whichever metaphor you want to use. We may kick and scream a little or a lot about the trials we face, but God firmly leads us by the hand and promises to always be there with you and me.

Is that not a better way to face a tribulation in this world? Alone is so...alone. Why do that to yourself? Yet, those who choose to reject Jesus do that very thing. I think I would much rather kick and scream a bit about my current trials in Christ than to kick and scream in the flames of the outer darkness for eternity.

God bless and keep you this day,
Bucky

No comments: