Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Why Do I Need Prayer Intervention?

So, I am known by some as the local computer/IT/PC-fix it man; what happens when I can't fix my own? Crash after crash this morning, until finally the infamous BSOD. The question raised yesterday is: What do I write for the next 3,000 posts? Wrong question, or at least the question is out of order. First, how do we/I fix the PC? Sometimes we just don't ask the right question. It is difficult to write and post anything at all on the Internet when the primary means to access said network is sick, ill, on strike, or just being resistant. That doesn't compare at all to prayer life.

In prayer, I think I know what I need, and then I go to the Lord in prayer. It seems pretty simple and straightforward. So, why do I need prayer intervention? I guess I just explained my own problem, "I think I know" sort of tells the whole tale. The process only seems simple when the praying newbie is simple. As Paul informed his readers back in the day, and all of us today via the Word of God:

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. (Romans 8:26)

Aha, we do not know what we should pray for as we ought; and this from a former champion of the Pharisees who had prayed to God all of his life! In so many ways we are so weak that we don't know how weak we are. Therefore, the Holy Spirit comes to our rescue in our most basic privilege: prayer. We can ask, and God encourages us to ask through His Spirit, but we also need that intervention. We need the right questions to be asked and the right requests to be made of our Lord, else we don't get anywhere fast.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Bucky

No comments: