Friday, November 04, 2016

Everyone But You

Separation from this world is not something the flesh wants to feel. When the Savior's call comes, we may want to look back and indeed it may take some quite a while to make that decision to follow Him.

Moving to a new town, losing a job, not getting a promotion, and other circumstances can give us an 'everyone but me' sort of feeling. A diagnosis of cancer or a disease that carries some name we never heard of can give us that same separated feeling. A financial crisis that causes cutting back of social activities we enjoy might also bring on the 'everyone but me' feeling of doom and woe. The world has many opportunities to make one feel alone and unwanted! Then, something happened:

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another. (John 15:16-17)

Yes, the Savior chose you and me. And He commands us to love one another. It is a strange thing that while the world would make me feel separated and alone, Jesus calls us apart from the world and that makes one feel loved and chosen. The love of Christ frees me to feel a part of something grand, the kingdom of God!

Have a loving Friday in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: