Tuesday, November 06, 2007

November 6, 2007

Good morning! Today in prayer I thought about two-way communication. Often it seems that I come to God with an unending list of needs and wants, both for myself and others, that is such as rush as to prevent God from getting in a word edgewise, as we like to say. Prayer is a two-way communication, we should listen as well as speak. We are told that God wants to have a relationship with us. How are we going to have a relationship if I try to drown out His voice with my own? Jesus spoke of peace and patience, waiting on the Lord. In remembering to listen for His voice, I also thought of how in every ministry there is also two-way communication. Did you ever feel that you can never offer the pastor of your church advice on anything? This is God's anointed messenger to me; how can I possibly offer anything to him or her? All ministry since Jesus death rent the veil is two-way; our ministers do not know everything, they do not have every message, and above all they earnestly desire shared communication with each of us. Just the same as our Father in Heaven earnestly desires that shared communication. He has wonderful things to say to each of us, if we will let Him. Our ministers in this life want to do more than just preach on Sunday; they also want to speak with us on a personal level, a sharing level. This also goes for every Christian brother and sister in this life. It is about sharing and caring for each other; we are never alone in this life in Christ, and we have each other too!
God bless you all this day!
Bucky

No comments: