Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 28, 2007

Good morning! Today is a new day in the Lord Jesus! Praise the name of our Lord. In looking for a benefit to our troubles in this life, I came upon one thing that I can hold on to, understanding. It is more than just experience. Many will experience one thing or another and come through unchanged. "Oh, yeah. I did that too and it's no big deal." They might say, meaning they have put away the experience and gained no understanding. In coming to the place of understanding, we gain compassion, empathy, and the ability to help that other person who is going through what we have already experienced. I believe that Jesus grants us understanding when the world simply puts the experience behind. I don't mean that we constantly relive the event, only that in facing someone who needs help, Jesus gives us an understanding mind.

My list of understood events might read almost like a confession of sins, and some of them were sins. When someone comes to me and tells me that he or she has a problem with this because of that, I often understand. It doesn't excuse the sin, but Jesus understands the problem. Why do you think He came to earth? Not only does He understand, but He offers the grace of His forgiveness, paid for by His own sacrifice!

May God grant us wisdom in this.

Bucky

No comments: