Sunday, November 11, 2007

November 11, 2007

Good Sunday morning! Where does the message go? Does the message arrive or does it go astray? A couple of disconcerting bounces in the e-mail for yesterday. In this I must trust in the Lord. I cannot control all of the Internet and it seems that we are caught up in a war, a conflict, that is beyond my imagination. Praise God that we have the sovereign Lord to watch over us!
Today I am thinking of the power of movies and books, our entertainment media of choice. Whether you watch electronic media, movies, games, or television shows, or read print media such as magazines and books, there is a certain freedom, power, and responsibility inherent in these forms of media. Learn about new movies coming out, especially that aimed at children. I hear the writer of the trilogy behind the new movie "The Golden Compass" has an ulterior motive. Try to find out what that is before letting the kids go. Don't simply take my word for it, that's why I'm not telling you what I heard, search and be informed on your own. We shouldn't read or watch everything that comes our way. There are many media works that I must avoid, and some that you should as well. They will differ in form. You may not be tempted by the same things that are weaknesses for me. In all things we must come to the Lord and trust in Him. Reading in Isaiah again this morning, the Lord chastised Israel for trusting in an alliance with the Egyptians after He had told them not to. You know what He said? That He would save them anyway, and not through the Egyptians, who would betray the Israelites, but through His own mighty power. That story ends in Sennacherib's loss of his army before the gates of Jerusalem, without a human warrior lifting a finger in combat. Yep, when the Lord tells us to trust in Him, we might want to step back out of the way!
God bless you this fine day!
Bucky

No comments: