Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 13, 2007

Good morning! The trip to Denver went well and we are safely home. Last night I had a dream that sent a clear message to me. This doesn't happen often and so I thought that I should share with you. The dream was simply about me having a temper tantrum. What happened was that in having that tantrum in hopes of impressing one girl, my dream self lost them all. It came to me as I lay thinking about the dream that a temper tantrum produces the clanging sound of loneliness in the empty tin can of regret. Ambrose put it another way; "Speak in anger and you will make the best speech that you will ever regret." I try to remember that saying, and now the dream, to remind myself that throwing a tantrum or speaking out in anger will usually produce the opposite result from what we desire. I speak of that rage type of anger, the one where our mind shuts down and restraint goes out for lunch. When Jesus cleared the moneylenders from the temple, He did not lose control. There is a place for anger, but not for rage, or the more childish version, tantrums. Pray for God's all-encompassing peace in your heart today.
May the wonderful joy of the Lord shine through us,
Bucky

No comments: