Thursday, November 29, 2007

November 29, 2007

Good Thursday morning! Last night at Bible study we reviewed some of the prophets. Jeremiah was one who complained to the Lord that he was too young. That gave me a thought, that at least I thought was funny, did anyone in the Bible think that they were perfect for the Lord's will? Abraham was too old, Jeremiah was too young, Moses was too shy, and Elijah was too scared. All of our great heroes of the faith were too something or not enough of the other thing. Only Jesus stands alone in the Bible as one who did God's will from the start without complaining that He was too something or other. So often we think of serving the Lord in some way and stop with an "I can't" or "I'm too..." Do you think that David didn't feel a strong urge to panic when facing Goliath? "Lord, what if I miss?" The Bible is wonderful in that all of our heroes, save our Lord Jesus, are just like us (and Jesus is who we want to be like). One perfect example to follow, and then a whole bunch of imperfect ones to show us God's love for us in whatever condition we find ourselves. Praise the Lord! Like you, I can think of a great many things that I am too much of, or don't have enough of, but one thing we all must remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

The love of the Lord Jesus is with you this day!

Bucky

No comments: