Monday, October 01, 2007

October 1, 2007

Good morning! Who would've thought those Rockies could pull it off; they are very nearly in the playoffs and riding a winning streak. They must win a one game playoff though. I wonder who would have thought because those Rockies also fulfilled my prediction of being in last place before May this year. I guess almost anything can be turned around!

Money, we need more of it, there is never enough; we work hard to get it and worry about it too much. It's funny that we work and seek so hard for financial security when God tells us that we already have it. I realize that you might question that, and I have my own doubts at times. Each of us can list our debts or dwindling resources or some other worry about the our coming financial ruin. Illness, catastrophe, litigation, theft... the worries go on and on. How are we to cope with all of this?!

Jesus gave us some instruction in this in John, "You trust in God, now trust in me." He does not expect us to go it alone in any area. Jesus is concerned with every aspect of our life in Him. Jesus knows we need money to buy things in our system, and He knows that not everything we want to buy is a rock hard necessity. I saw in a magazine where someone condemned Americans for buying homes that are too large for them. I would ask, "what about the builders, tradesmen, and suppliers who made a living building those houses?" You could go on with realtors, bankers, tax grabbers, and others who can feed their families from that big house. Sorry about the tax one, I had to pay mine not too long ago. :-) The privilege of paying taxes... sometimes it really hurts.

Trust in Jesus today!

Bucky

Prayer request!
Pray for each other today; pray that each of us will trust in Jesus in our financial matters.

No comments: