Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17, 2007

Good morning! I have been struggling with a worry and asked for an answer. Today I received that answer and it is right out of the Bible. It is good to know that when we seek, just as Jesus said, we shall find. The problem and the answer are not as important as the fact that an answer was provided. The challenge for me now is to obey, which requires keeping my mouth shut. You might think that would be easy for me, and usually it is. However, you also know that when you are angry or have something you think is funny rattling around in your head, it can be especially difficult to not speak it aloud! Praise the Lord and His glorious name!

You might check out the interview in Newsweek with Eric Prince, the leader of Blackwater. I won't say good or bad, but will let you make your own conclusions. There is one what you might call a Biblical gaffe in the interview that I cannot let easily pass by. I will give you a hint: it was Nehemiah. The weekly survey of the Old Testament has apparently put some Biblical knowledge in my head that has grown roots. We also studied Nehemiah in depth a couple of years ago. One good use for our Bible studies, and all of us should be reading daily from the Word, is in making sure that the media gets it right.

May God's joy and peace be with us all on this great day!

Bucky

No comments: