Tuesday, October 02, 2007

October 2, 2007

Good morning. The assignment didn't go so well last week; I am sure that I haven't enjoyed so much difficulty on a first assignment for any class. However, this too will be conquered in Christ Jesus. I pray that you are all doing well today and enjoying life in Jesus.

Last night, perhaps having something to do with a rough ending to the day, I pondered perfection. How do you define perfect? Probably not a 10.0 score as seen by a group of imperfect human judges, or a 100 on a test scored by an imperfect teacher in an imperfect educational system. We are not perfect, so would we recognize perfection when it appears? I believe that we will, for just as we have eternity in our hearts, so also do we have an idea of what perfection is.

Probably like you, I have many questions that remain unanswered. I know that I may die without most of those answers, and that is fine. When I meet Jesus, many of those questions will most likely fall away as unimportant, or at least no longer important in relation to where I will be at the time. Too many of my questions are related to my condition now, and through the assurance of Jesus, that condition will not always be as it is now. We are all in that fallen condition and though it seems so real to us now, it is a temporary condition. Isn't that the word you long to hear from a doctor? "Yes, your suffering is great now, but the condition is only temporary." That is this life, my friend in Christ, only temporary.

Praise God from whom all blessing flow!

Bucky

No comments: