Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21, 2007

Good Sunday Morning! The light of the Lord shines upon us this day. The paws of a cat are also messing with my mouse and keyboard, so I apologize for any odd characters or spaces today. Actually I do a proof read before sending so you shouldn't see any of them. This morning starts out cool and wet; it didn't snow yet, but there is a chance that we could see our first snow flakes of the season today. I am glad that we have the opportunity to gather together in this way or together in person somewhere. In the next week I begin my introduction to sociology and the forces of the world are gathering even now. The one thing I see already is that in order to study a religious group, the sociologist must remain detached or dispassionate. I have no problem with that in studying religions, but how can one remain dispassionate in a relationship with Christ? A person either believes and cannot remain detached or does not believe and is detached already. If one cannot truly understand belief without experience, the sociologist will never truly understand what it is to be in Christ and have Him in one's heart. To me there is a line that divides completely. A person can join most any other group and remain inside while observing in a detached manner, but this belief of ours is just not compatible with the wisdom of the world.

What else will I learn about the "science" of sociology in this course? It should be interesting, that much I can see already.

God bless you!

Bucky

No comments: