Friday, October 26, 2007

October 26, 2007

Good morning! What a time for a streak to end; the Rockies now cannot seem to win. Hopefully a return to Denver will help them. I see an article about aircraft, firefighting aircraft that is, being grounded during the wildfires; that will surely stir up a firestorm of a different type. I am glad that the winds have eased and they now have a chance to contain the fires. Praise the Lord for the power of prayer! I read in Pastor Rogers' devotional about the sting of criticism. Is that ever the truth or what? Criticism can really sting, if we let it. It took years for me to learn that criticism of what I do or write is not criticism of me. I once took every kind of criticism as a rebuke of myself and my worth, and such is not the case. In this life we will make mistakes, do things that others do not agree with, and generally incur criticism of some sort on most days. However, Jesus still loves us enough to die for us, and that trumps any earthly criticism. Use criticism to improve or examine it and toss it away if it is of no value, but don't take it personally.

What if they criticize something about you that you cannot change? That hurts too! All of us have some physical trait or other that we might wish that we didn't have. The world is often quick to point these out to us, over and over and... Yes, that can be difficult, but once more we must trust in Jesus. You know, people can be afraid to speak to those who are very attractive; it can be tough for them to spread the love of Jesus when no one will approach them. Notice that I carefully exclude myself from the "very attractive" group. :-) I am probably among the many who don't give themselves enough credit. Well praise God that I am not a supermodel, people tend to attribute no intelligence at all to those poor folks.

May God grant you a wonderful weekend!

Bucky

No comments: