Saturday, October 20, 2007

October 20, 2007

Good Saturday morning! We are one in the Lord on this fine day. Today I said a short prayer for our football team. I heard they were booed this year after more than one disappointing performance. It is especially bad to be booed in your home stadium. I must admit that I haven't been among their supporters this week as their performance has been truly miserable. Do you know what I hope they remember? That Jesus loves all of us, no matter how well we perform, no matter whether we meet some one's expectations or not, no matter what we have done or have not done; Jesus loves us more than I can describe in words. He proved it first in His death on the cross and second upon His Resurrection. No greater love than to lay down His life for us and then to take it up again has been shown to us since time began. Let us rest today in the overcoming love of Jesus.

God loves you on this fine weekend!

Bucky

No comments: