Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October 10, 2007

Good morning! Is it hard to believe in Christ in this world today or what? It seems that everywhere one looks there is someone that we are taught to look up to showing us once again how intelligent people believe in nothing but look critically at everything. People with a PhD behind their name or a Dr. in front, politicians, actors, successful and wealthy people, and on it goes, the parade of those we should admire in this world telling us how it is. Then I stop and wonder, who should I really look to? These people living here and now, who are certainly as capable of being mistaken as I am, or the almighty creator of the heavens and the earth. What have those talking heads created? A fine novel, a painting, a few performances on stage and screen, even a lifetime of research and study, but what does all of that, and none have done all of that, really amount to in regards to saving me or anyone else? Yet when I choose to believe, much becomes clear to me. Humans can be and often are mistaken, and I am no different than any other in that. What is it about believing in Jesus that makes a clarity possible that was not before? The Holy Spirit living within me. I take no credit for suddenly becoming "smart" or intelligent; these qualities one is either born with or not. Intelligence, like any other talent, can be squandered in a life of pleasure or lost through circumstance. Understanding, or wisdom, however, is a gift from God. If a person chooses not to believe, then they will not understand what it is about Jesus that makes us carry on so. Yes, I believe in Jesus and I will look to the one true God for my understanding.

Praise God for His own glorious Son, Jesus Christ!

Bucky

No comments: