Sunday, October 28, 2007

October 28, 2007

Good Sunday morning! I see the critics are after us again, this time proclaiming deep divisions in the evangelical Christian movement. To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly sure what the evangelical Christian movement is. I believe in Jesus, I don't think that we should allow the murder of unborn babies, and I vote. If that makes me a part of some movement, then I guess there it is. However, we are united in our belief in Jesus Christ and the relationship that he gives us in Him. After that, we may disagree on which political candidate to vote for, what laws should or should not be passed, and many other issues of the day. I don't see a "deep division" between myself and another Christian who wants to vote for some other candidate. If one of us does not approve of something, or even everything, that the President has done in his two terms, then hooray for both of us. My apologies to the world though, I still don't see that as a "deep division" between us. The only deep division that concerns me is between Jesus and those who refuse to believe in the Son of God. That is the great divide that we should worry about, for some that we love are standing on the other side of it right now. Whether you immediately think of some friend or relative, some celebrity, or the billions that remain in the world; there is someone over there who is waiting anxiously for a shaft of light to shine in their darkness. Let us shine it on them today.

Praise God for our unity in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

Book recommendation:
Max Lucado's 3:16, you can pick it up in Wal-mart, Amazon,or your local bookstore. This one is a keeper, a wonderful in-depth discussion of the center verse of our faith. For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. I like the mantra formed in that verse and pointed out in the book:
God loved... He gave... we believe... we live.

No comments: