Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October 31, 2007

Good morning and a happy Halloween to you! Tonight I will be visited by hordes of little costumed children. I hope that I have enough candy for them all. Today is that day before lock down at work, I wonder how many last minute changes await us? So many things going on today, and so many yesterday and just as many await the day after, how are we to cope with this? Hurry, hurry, rush, rush, when do we have the time for each other? When do we take time for God? Your employer will be glad to send you to classes to schedule and record your time better, make you more efficient, and more productive. Is that what we really need? Do we need to account for every moment in our service to Christ? I don't know how you feel, but to me that does not seem to agree with "my yoke is easy and my burden light", the words Jesus spoke to us so many years ago. Those words resonate now in this very hectic rush about world. Since those who seek shall find, I propose that we start seeking peace. Yes, that same peace that Jesus gave to us; it is time we started seeking it. Through that search I suspect that we can come to know Jesus better and find more of His will for our lives.
Not as the world gives... that seems so right.
Bucky

No comments: